Now a day we save many of our personal things in computer Like photos, videos etc. We don’t willing to share something With parents or anyone else. Today I will teach this trick that helps you to Hide your Personal content with DOS.
Because nowadays mostly everyone knows How to show hidden folders in PC. DOS or Disk operating system is a powerful command based OS which comes pre-installed with PC laptops. This small black window program has many powerful features we do not know more about that. So let’s come to the topic Scroll down and Learn
Steps To hides file or folder using DOS
- Open DOS (command prompt) thru “Run” by pressing Window+R
- Go to that drive where from you wish to hide folder or file. or Open the drive in which you wish to hide your folder, Press “SHIFT” and “Right Click” on anywhere on the screen, there is an option “Open Command Window here” Click on it for open DOS in their location
- Write this command without quotes, Here I use “TEST” folder to show you. Command “attrib folder name +h +s +r“
- The folder disappears from the location. Yippee !!! Nobody can view that folder even after enabling “Show hidden file” option.
- If you want Unhide that folder use this command “attrib folder name -h -s -r” in the same location
Well, you learn how to Hides file or folder using DOS. It is very easy and very effective way to hide. But remember do not forget the files name to unhide
The thing to know about Attrib command
Parameters of attrib command
- +r: Used to set the file attribute as read-only.
- -r: Used to clear the read-only file attribute.
- +a: Used to set the file attribute as an archive.
- -a: Used to clear the archive file attribute.
- +s: Used to set the file attribute as a system file.
- -s: Used to clear the system file attribute.
- +h: Used to make the file attribute as hidden not visible to the user.
- -h: Used to clear the hidden file attribute.
Share this with your friends and Comment ☺
Stay Connected with IT KEEDA
Don’t Forget To Subscribe IT KEEDA