Reading Time: 3 minutes
Sometime when you logon your Computer its always greet you with the message “WELCOME”
Is your ever think about to change the Welcome message to your own Name or your Own text
So in today article I will teach you
How to change window “WELCOME” Message to your own text
1. The en-US folder is in English Windows 7 copies. If you have a non-English Windows 7 copy, then this folder will have a different name reflecting your language instead. The table below are a few of the most common ones. Mine is English window copies so in steps I show e-Us folders. Let’s start learning.
Before going to Steps to follow Download Resource Hacker
1. First navigate to the path C:WindowsSystem32en-USwinlogon.exe.mui.
3. Copy this winlogon.exe.mui file to your desktop.
4. Right click on the Resource Hacker to Run as administrator
5. In Resource Hacker, click on File and Open
6.In Resource Hacker, select All Files (*.*) in the Files of type drop down box, navigate to and select the copied winlogon.exe.mui file on your desktop, then click on the Open button
7. In the left side of Resource Hacker, expand String Table, and 63 :1033.
8. In the right pane of 1033, replace the Welcome text in quotes at both 1002 and 1005 locations with the text you want instead (ex: IT KEEDA WELCOME YOU) within quotes, then click on the Compile Scriptbutton. as Shown in screen shot
9. Click on File and Save, then close Resource Hacker
10. Copy the modified winlogon.exe.mui file on your Desktop, and Paste it into the C:WindowsSystem32en-US folder
11. Click on Copy and Replace (If doesn’t copy and said your are not permitted to copy so you not give properly Ownership and Permission to user)
12. Open DOS( Command Prompt) and type “mcbuilder”it take some time to complete.
13. Restart the computer
14. Now you see your Own text instead of “Welcome”
Note:- Tested on Window 7
Hope you like this trick. Share with your friends and keep visit IT KEEDA